Yo, We Are Hiring: Production Designer
Do you love making the pretty-detailed like nobody's business? Are you a typesetting, template-optimizing whiz with an ability to design to the most precise of details? Do you have a willingness to do what it takes, an addiction to pixel-perfect product, and a desire to work with high-growth digitally-driven brands that make innovative, game changing, must-have products? Um, yeah!
We are hiring a full-time: Production Designer
Location: Queen-and-Bathurst-ish, Toronto
Reporting to: Creative Director
WHAT WE DO
We do (very hands-on) agile strategy for innovative consumer brands. We touch everything from the development of highly analytical business models through the implementation of go-to-market strategy. We cross creative x performance all day long. We are obsessed with solving problems that stand in the way of business growth.
In short? We're crazy-entrepreneurial applied management consultants and go-to-market mathemagicians with scrappy graffiti around the edges. ;)
We are blissfully free from the status quo. We are curious beyond words. Our client brands are top-notch.
What does that mean? You will really, really build.
You will grow consumer brands from high level strategy through target-setting initiatives all the way down to literally pulling the levers that make the magic happen. You will be a key contributor to our creative output for our portfolio of clients. You will work alongside a powerful team of creative business builders. You will contribute to the development of our own brand and portfolio of business.
At the core of our soul, we believe that doing the work works. You will make an impact.
RESPONSIBILITIES IN BRIEF
You will be responsible for the following across relevant channels for multiple clients.
- Retouch, colour correct, and otherwise prepare photography on white and on figure for ecommerce purposes
- Develop and execute design concepts for digital marketing including, but not limited to: digital, social, retail, partnerships, affiliates, events, sponsorship, trade shows and experiential activations
- Build digital collateral, inclusive of website assets, email marketing assets, and other assets as required, following creative direction and brand guidelines
- Liaise with internal team and suppliers to request quotes, dielines, drawdowns, samples, and attend press approvals as required
- Support the execution of photoshoots for product campaigns
- Technical proficiency in file building and systematic approach to asset management
WHAT WE WANNA SEE
- Superior Photoshop skills - particularly in retouching, colour correction, and composition
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Design
- Experience in design for digital is essential
- Knowledge of UX/UI design and building creative for social is helpful
- 2-4 years’ experience
- Adobe Creative Suite (must be proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Photography editing, video editing skills and motion design skills a plus
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Positive attitude, humility, curiosity, and a damn good sense of humour
HOW TO APPLY
Send a cover letter (sell us, for real!) with your portfolio to jointhecrew [at] jcand [dot] co. We look forward to learning about you!
We may earn an affiliate commission through some of the links on our site.