Yo, We Are Hiring: Front End Shopify Dev
Do you have mad love for the not-so-basic-build? Are you a sharp coder with a love of the problem solve? Do you dig ecomm, enjoy building stuff from scratch, and have a desire to work with high-growth digitally-driven brands that make innovative, game changing, must-have products? Um, yeah!
We are hiring a full-time: Front End Shopify Developer
Location: Your House x Queen-and-Bathurst-ish
Reporting to: Lead Developer
WHAT WE DO
We do (very hands-on) agile strategy for innovative consumer brands. We touch everything from the development of highly analytical business models through the implementation of go-to-market strategy. We cross creative x performance all day long. We are obsessed with solving problems that stand in the way of business growth.
In short? We're crazy-entrepreneurial applied management consultants and go-to-market mathemagicians with scrappy graffiti around the edges. ;)
We are blissfully free from the status quo. We are curious beyond words. Our client brands are top-notch.
What does that mean? You will really, really build.
You will grow consumer brands from high level strategy through target-setting initiatives all the way down to literally pulling the levers that make the magic happen. You will be a key day-to-day lead with our portfolio of clients. You will build a powerful team of creative business builders. You will contribute to the development of our own brand and portfolio of business.
At the core of our soul, we believe that doing the work works. You will make an impact.
RESPONSIBILITIES IN BRIEF
Reporting to the Lead Developer, you will be responsible for building sites for multiple clients.
- Responsible for the development of the Shopify Plus platform, themes, liquid programming language, and corresponding apps
- Develop user interfaces, and write code to support cross-device, cross-browser compliant user actions based on provided requirements.
- Collaborating with the UX and UI design teams to produce seamless, robust, and innovative front-end user experiences
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use and follow emerging technologies
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders and ensures alignment.
- Interacts with key business & technology stakeholders to define, analyze, and deliver requirements that reflect the needs of both the business and end customers.
- Supports the management of specific project deliverables & outcomes.
WHAT WE WANNA SEE
- 2-3 Years of experience in website development
- Have Shopify/Liquid development experience
- Experience with implementing/debugging 3rd party Shopify apps as well as creating custom solutions if necessary
- Experience with Shopify's object/properties, AJAX API, and Meta field
- Knowledgeable in security / personal data protection principles and GPDR
- Experience with WCAG 2.0 or 2.1 Level AA web accessibility guidelines
HOW TO APPLY
Send a cover letter (sell us, for real) with your CV to talent [at] jcand [dot] co. We look forward to learning about you!
We may earn an affiliate commission through some of the links on our site.