Do you make the machine beep-boop-beep-beep-boop like nobody's business? Are you a user-centric, curious creator with an agile approach? Do you have more logic than the Identity Principle, an addiction to producing pixel-perfect product, and a desire to work with high-growth digitally-driven brands that make innovative, game changing, must-have products? Um, yeah!
We are hiring a full-time: Front End Developer
Reporting to: Head of Digital
WHAT WE DO
We do (very hands-on) agile strategy for innovative consumer product brands. We touch everything from highly analytical business model development through go-to-market strategy. We cross creative x performance all day long. We are obsessed with solving problems that stand in the way of business growth.
In short? We're crazy-entrepreneurial management consultants and go-to-market mathemagicians with scrappy graffiti around the edges. ;)
We make a big impact, with a small team, in a short amount of time, and have the best time doing it. You will spend your time on value-add activities rather than cutting through red tape. You will be part of a smart, ambitious, energetic, creative, and fun team that has big goals -- and you will be an integral part of achieving them.
RESPONSIBILITIES IN BRIEF
Reporting to the Head of Digital, you will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and debugging responsive ecommerce sites for multiple clients.
- Implement dynamic, responsive, beautiful, and high performing ecommerce interfaces
- Take responsibility for the website’s functionality and shoppability by understanding best practices in customer experience
- Utilize customer feedback and metrics in order to develop and test new features and experiences to move the needle on acquisition, engagement and retention metrics
- Design and code new features as prioritized by internal teams
- Continually optimize shopping experience for best-in-class performance
- Develop and conduct consistent internal QA systems and fix any bugs that may come up
- Suggest new features and technical improvements based on observations of user behaviour
- Consistently examine the way the product can enhance the customer’s shopping experience - researching and developing features, apps, and add-ons that can improve user experience
WHAT WE WANNA SEE
- Shopify experience is essential, Magento is useful
- A genuine curiosity about how emerging technology inspires shopping behaviour
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science
- 2-3 years’ experience building ecommerce websites and creating rich, easy and engaging user experiences
- Interest in agile, test-driven development process
- Experience in working closely with 3rd party APIs
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Positive attitude, humility, curiosity, and a damn good sense of humour
HOW TO APPLY
Send a cover letter (sell us, for real) with your CV to jobs [at] jcand [dot] co. We look forward to learning about you!