Do you love making the pretty like nobody's business? Are you a rule-breaking, brand generating creator with an ability to design with data in mind? Do you have a willingness to do what it takes, an addiction to producing pixel-perfect product, and a desire to work with high-growth digitally-driven brands that make innovative, game changing, must-have products? Um, yeah!
We are hiring a freelance: Art Director
Location: Queen-and-Bathurst-ish, Toronto
Reporting to: Exec
WHAT WE DO
We do (very hands-on) agile strategy for innovative consumer product brands. We touch everything from highly analytical business model development through go-to-market strategy. We cross creative x performance all day long. We are obsessed with solving problems that stand in the way of business growth.
In short? We're crazy-entrepreneurial management consultants and go-to-market mathemagicians with scrappy graffiti around the edges. ;)
We are small. We are mighty. Our client brands are top-notch. What does that mean? You will learn a lot. You will see how to grow a consumer product brand from high level strategy through target-setting initiatives all the way down to literally pulling the levers that make the magic happen. You will simultaneously work on multiple clients and multiple projects.
We are a tight knit team, and we all do everything. (We believe that doing the work works.) Every voice is not only heard, but sought out. Every idea is not only welcome, but essential. You will make an impact.
RESPONSIBILITIES IN BRIEF
Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for omnichannel brand creation and refinement, original content creation, and design production and across relevant channels for multiple clients.
- Operating within the JC+CO process, use a deeply agile mindset to develop net new and refined client brands
- Contribute to ongoing learnings, conduct ongoing creative research within competitive set, and delivery data-informed, brand-driven growth strategy
- Align with creative leadership to develop visionary visual creative across channels (digital, social, retail, unboxing, packaging, etc.) to bring brand to accelerated life and create motivating stimulus to inspire action
- Lead the visual creation of original photos, videos, Boomerangs, and other visual assets as required to support social and digital marketing content strategies
- Make recommendations on collaboration opportunities with like brands
- Develop and execute design concepts and templates for growth initiatives including, but not limited to: digital, social, retail, partnerships, affiliates, events, sponsorship, trade shows and experiential activations
- Build digital collateral, inclusive of website assets, email marketing assets, and other assets as required, following creative direction and brand guidelines
- Conceptualize, design and execute product labels, packaging, unboxing experience, retail merchandising, display units, etc.
- Build corporate brand assets
- Liaise with internal team and suppliers to request quotes, dielines, drawdowns, samples, and attend press approvals as required
- Plan, style, execute photoshoots for product campaigns
- Technical proficiency in file building and systematic approach to asset management
WHAT WE WANNA SEE
- An instinct for both thinking about the work and doing the work
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Design
- Experience in design for digital is essential
- 5-7 years’ experience building brands with consistency across touch points
- Adobe Creative Suite (must be proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom, Indesign, Premiere Pro)
- Photography, editing and basic knowledge of studio lighting a must
- Video production skills a plus
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Positive attitude, humility, curiosity, and a damn good sense of humour
HOW TO APPLY
Send a cover letter (sell us, for real) with your portfolio to jobs [at] jcand [dot] co. We look forward to learning about you!